It's almost wedding day -
And you're trying to figure out what to pack in your wedding day bags. Lots of excitement and lots of STUFF has to fit into just a few bags, or if you're like me, you'll overpack for just about every situation that may arise (yes, 20 pairs of underwear are necessary for a weekend trip. I don't know why, but they are!!). After you've packed all the essentials, you're probably thinking, "what the heck do I need to bring for 'details'?? My photographer mentioned this on the timeline and during our consultation but I have no idea what that really means...."
LET ME HELP YOU.
Ok, so here's a quick and easy list to look over while you're packing your "Day of Wedding" bag:
- The Wedding Dress (obviously! haha) and anything you may want to wear with it (boob tape, strapless bra, spanx, etc)
- Wedding Invitations (with lots of extra envelopes and doubles of all paper goods). Bonus if you bring stamps especially if they are custom!! Also, if you have a card band, ribbon or a wax seal holding your invitation together, make sure to being those too!
- All Wedding Bands/Rings - The bride should have all of these with her the morning of the wedding. This makes them easier to find and will help to tie in all wedding details in photos. Bonus if you go to get your engagement ring cleaned the week of so it's nice and sparkly for wedding day!!
- Bridal Shoes - Even if you plan on wearing sparkly keds - we want to photograph them!!! It's a special part of your wedding day that you may not remember until you see those photos 5 or 10 years down the road.
- Bridal Veil - This is a fun way to add dimension to photos by pulling your lace or a little bling into the detail photos!
- Bridal Jewelry - Basically anything you plan on wearing the day of your wedding. These items can help to elevate your detail shots and bring a little shine into an invitation shot. This includes bracelets, necklaces, special hair pins, additional rings, sash or belt for dress, etc.
- Perfume - If you have your absolute favorite fragrance or just a pretty bottle of perfume that you want to use your photos - bring it!!
Optional items that you may want to consider bringing for your details - your something new, something old, something borrowed, something blue, any family heirlooms that are important, and then really anything you want photographed that is important to YOU.
To make things SUPER EASY on the wedding day, I would suggest putting all of these things in one area of the hotel room/rental house/apt you're staying in. Also, make sure to keep an area near a window clear & free of clutter. This will make finding everything when the photographer arrives super easy and they can start photographing all that pretty as soon as they get there. This will also ensure that the timeline stays on track and that your photographer can move to shooting some last minute hair & make-up details with all that saved time!!
One last thing - if you REALLY want to make your photographer's heart sing on your wedding day, request that your florist drop off some loose blooms to your getting ready location when they drop off the flowers BEFORE the photographer arrives. That way your photographer & videographer can make even MORE MAGIC with your wedding details.